New Orleans-Style Shrimp
Bring home the flavors of the French Quarter with this simple dish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup shrimp mixture, 2 bread slices, and 1 lemon wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.2g
- Carbohydrate: 18.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 260mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 953mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup fat-free Caesar dressing (such as Cardini's)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1/3 cup flat light beer
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French bread
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add pepper and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Add shrimp, and cook 4 minutes. Add beer; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.
- 3. Divide shrimp and sauce evenly among 4 shallow bowls. Serve with French bread and lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes