New Orleans Style Barbeque Shrimp
- 2 pound(s) head on/shell on shrimp
- 2 stick(s) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Abita Amber beer, or another good quality beer
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper, freshly cracked
- 3 tablespoon(s) Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until slightly browned. Add the fresh herbs and cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze with the beer, reduce by half. Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, black pepper, kosher salt, cayenne pepper and the shrimp, tossing to coat well.
- Transfer the shrimp and sauce to a baking dish where the shrimp can bake in the sauce in a single layer. Place into the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp!
- Serve in a large bowl with the chopped parsley, your favorite beer, and lots of fresh French bread for dipping in the sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note