This is the best red beans & rice recipe. I've made it several times and everyone loved it! Very spicey!!
New Orleans Red Beans And Rice
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Place first 8 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 7 hours or until beans are tender. Serve with hot cooked rice. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes