1. Heat the butter in a large saute pan. Fry the meat until browned and warmed through.
2. Add the Onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic. Saute 3-4 minutes until softened.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and cook 1-2 minutes to bring up to heat.
4. Add the rice, seasonings, liquid from the tomatoes and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low then cover and simmer (Not boil) for 30 minutes (avoid cracking the lid for a peak. It disturbs the cooking of the rice).
5. Remove the lid and stir in the boiling water. Cover again and continue to simmer for 15 more minutes (if adding shrimp add it at the 10 minute mark and let it cook for the last 5 minutes).
6. Enjoy with your favorite Louisiana hot sauce.
Go to full version of