This recipe is a delicious version of traditional BBQ shrimp! I follow the recipe exactly except for maybe a bit more hot sauce, because I love things really spicy.
New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
- 4 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp or 6 pounds shrimp with heads on
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- French bread
- Spread shrimp in a shallow, aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Combine butter and next 12 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter melts, and pour over shrimp. Cover and chill 2 hours, turning shrimp every 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes; turn once. Serve with bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note