New England Clam Chowder
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups minced clams, with juices
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- 2. Add clams, and return mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and let stand 20 minutes.
- 3. Stir in cream and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews