Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 459
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 22g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 813mg
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg
- 2 qts. (4 oz.) lightly packed stinging nettle leaves or baby spinach leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1 pound pizza dough (such as Trader Joe's)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450° with rack on bottom. Wearing long gloves, rinse nettles well. Drain.
- 2. Sizzle garlic a few seconds in 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add nettles and sauté until wilted, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. If nettles are wet, drain in a colander, pat dry, and return to pan. Gently mix nettles with 1 tbsp. more oil, the pepper, and chile flakes.
- 3. Roll dough on a floured board into a 9- by 14-in. rectangle. Ease dough onto an oiled baking sheet, fixing the shape if necessary. Using fingers, roll edges of dough over to make a 1/2-in. rim.
- 4. Scatter cheese, then nettles, over dough. Bake until crust is crisp, 15 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. oil and cut into squares. Season with salt if you like.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This