Nellie & Joe's Low-Fat Key Lime Pie
"Key lime pie without the baking" by Michael Hastings. Recipe Swap. Recipe from Susan Hudson: Wallburg, NC. This low-fat version uses nonfat yogurt to reduce calories and adds some gelatin to make sure the filling sets well. This recipe comes from the makers of Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January 4, 2012.
Refrigerate: 8 Hours, 20 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 14-ounce can(s) sweetend condensed milk
- 2/3 cup(s) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) Key lime juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated lime zest
- 1/4-ounce package(s) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 9-inch graham-cracker pie crust
- 1. Whisk together milk, yogurt, lime juice and zest.
- 2. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over warm water and let soften for 2 minutes, then whisk into lime mixture. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to set.
- 3. Pour into pie shell and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note