Neiman Marcus Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Unbaked biscuits may be frozen up to 1 month. Bake frown biscuits as directed for 26 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) vegetable shortening
- 1 cup(s) sharp Cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- parchment paper
- 1 - Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas and dough is crumbly; stir in cheese. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2 - Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 to 4 times. Place dough in a bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- 3 - Preheat oven to 350F. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll dough to 1-inch thickness; cut with a 1 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4 - Bake at 350F for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note