Neiman Marcus Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) vegetable shortening
- 1 cup(s) sharp Cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- parchment paper
- 1 - Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas and dough is crumbly; stir in cheese. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2 - Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 to 4 times. Place dough in a bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- 3 - Preheat oven to 350F. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll dough to 1-inch thickness; cut with a 1 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4 - Bake at 350F for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note