Makes my mouth water! But, I would add a bit of ginger & cinnamon to the mix. It stimulates the taste buds.
Nectarine-Raspberry Hand Pies
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 228mg
- 1 medium nectarine, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of a 17.3-oz. package), thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a bowl, stir nectarine, berries and 2 Tbsp. sugar. On another piece of parchment, cut puff pastry into four equal squares. In a bowl, whisk egg with 1 tsp. water.
- 2. Brush edges of a pastry square with egg wash. Spoon 1/4 of fruit mixture onto center of pastry. Fold pastry diagonally to form a triangle. Using a fork, press to seal edges. Repeat with remaining pastry and fruit. Transfer pies to baking sheet. Brush tops with egg wash; sprinkle with 1 tsp. sugar. Cut a small slit in top of each pie.
- 3. Bake until pies are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheet from front to back midway through. Allow pies to cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts