Made the recipe as is, except I rolled the prosciutto around the nectarine and set on a bed of arugula, so good!! With some asiago bread, it made a nice light summer meal. Can't wait to have a again!
Nectarine, Prosciutto, and Arugula Bundles
Your guests will be amazed to find out how tasty these simple snacks are. Peaches or plums also work well in place of the nectarines. You can assemble the bundles up to an hour in advance. Just cover them with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 79
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 412mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 4 cups lightly packed trimmed arugula
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (1/2-ounce) slices prosciutto, each cut in half lengthwise
- 3 nectarines, each cut into 8 wedges (about 3/4 pound)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Arrange 3 or 4 arugula leaves at 1 end of 1 prosciutto strip. Place 1 nectarine wedge on top of arugula; roll up. Place bundle, seam side down, on a serving plate. Repeat procedure with remaining arugula, prosciutto, and nectarines.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note