- 4 jumbo romaine lettuce hearts, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 3 ripe nectarines, pitted and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- calories 251
- fat 22 g
- satfat 5 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- sodium 243 mg
How to Make It
Combine lettuce, nectarines, onion, goat cheese and almonds in a large salad bowl.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper; whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly add both oils, whisking constantly, until blended and thickened.
Just before serving, pour dressing on salad; toss well.
Go green. Swap in young, tender seasonal salad greens for some or all of the romaine.
Switch fruits. Don't care for nectarines or can't find good ones? This salad works just as well if you substitute peaches or plums. Or try it with sliced strawberries.