This cake was amazingly moist and delicious - a great way to use up summer fruit! It's very unique! Check out my blog for a better review - http://randomactsoffood.blogspot.com/
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large nectarines, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnishes: sliced nectarines, fresh blueberries, lemon rind
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yolk disappears. Add vanilla, beating just until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat batter at low speed just until blended. Gently fold in nectarines and blueberries. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread 1/2 cup Cream Cheese Frosting evenly on top of one cake layer; top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining Cream Cheese Frosting over top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note