Nearly Shrimp Paisano
Yield: Makes 2 to 3 servings
- 1 pound unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Peel shrimp and devein, if desired. Soak shrimp in half-and-half 10 minutes. Drain shrimp, and dredge in flour. Fry shrimp in hot oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Whisk together egg yolk and lemon juice in a heavy saucepan. Add 1/4 cup butter, and stir over low heat until melted. Add garlic and remaining 1/4 cup butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until butter melts and sauce thickens; stir in parsley. Pour sauce over shrimp, and serve immediately.
- Pour 2002 Brampton Unoaked Chardonnay. Wonderful pear flavors come through and stand up to this mildly citrusy dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes