Neapolitan Cake Batter Cookies
PREP TIME1 Hr 15 Min
Rhonda in Missouri
* TOTAL TIME1 Hr 30 Min
1 cup Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® strawberry cake mix
1 cup Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devilâ€™s food cake mix
2 pouches (1 lb 1.5 oz each) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1 cup butter, softened
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In 2 separate small bowls, place 1/2 cup each of the dry strawberry cake mix and dry devilâ€™s food cake mix; set aside.
* 2 In medium bowl, stir 1 pouch cookie mix, remaining 1/2 cup strawberry cake mix, 1/2 cup of the butter and 1 egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 20 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Roll in reserved strawberry cake mix, coating completely. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart.
* 3 In another medium bowl, stir second pouch of cookie mix, remaining 1/2 cup devilâ€™s food cake mix, remaining 1/2 cup butter and remaining egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 20 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Roll in reserved devilâ€™s food cake mix, coating completely. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart.
* 4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. (Watch closely to prevent cookies from getting too crispy and overbaked.) Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
* 5 In large bowl, beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup butter and the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until frosting is light and fluffy.
* 6 For each sandwich cookie, spread 1 1/2 rounded teaspoons frosting on bottom of 1 strawberry cookie. Top with 1 devilâ€™s food cookie, bottom side down; gently press together.
Experiment with different varieties of cake mix for other fun flavor combinations.
Save time by substituting Betty Crocker® Whipped cream cheese frosting, or your favorite flavor, for the scratch frosting.
Go to full version of