- 2 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 (15-ounce) cans navy beans, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups chopped leek (about 3 large)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke bottoms, drained and each cut into 8 wedges
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- calories 349
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 10.8 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 17.3 g
- carbohydrate 47.2 g
- fiber 8.7 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 5.1 mg
- sodium 926 mg
- calcium 252 mg
How to Make It
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1 cup.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Drain beans in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Add enough water to liquid to measure 1 cup. Combine beans, thyme, sage, pepper, and 1 garlic clove.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 garlic cloves, leek, rosemary, salt, and artichokes; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in bean liquid mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Spread half of bean mixture in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, and top with half of goat cheese. Spread artichoke mixture over goat cheese; top with remaining bean mixture and remaining goat cheese. Combine the breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle over goat cheese. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.