Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Jarred Spanish olives
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 (3-inch) orange peel strips
- 1 (6-inch) fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 cup extra-dry vermouth
- 3 cups drained Spanish olives
- 1 cup drained cocktail onions
- Cook fennel seeds, black peppercorns, and dried crushed red pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Add 1/2 cup liquid from jarred Spanish olives, bay leaves, orange peel strips, and rosemary sprig, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and add vermouth. Combine olives and cocktail onions in a medium bowl; spoon into 4 (8-oz.) jars. Place 1 bay leaf and 1 orange peel strip from vermouth mixture in each jar, and fill with vermouth mixture. Cover with lids. Chill 4 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
- TO USE THE OLIVES: Serve as a cocktail garnish or bar snack.
- PACKAGE THEM IN: Weck Tall 9.8-oz. Glass Jar ($3.50; westelm.com).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This