Native Snapper with Banana-Citrus Sauce
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 yellowtail snapper fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine or sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 medium bananas, cubed
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add macadamia nuts, and cook until slightly browned and nuts become fragrant. Remove from pan and let cool; chop coarsely, and set aside.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. Dredge snapper fillets in flour mixture to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fillets 6 to 7 minutes per side or until golden. Remove from pan; transfer to plate, and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine or sherry; cook, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in orange rind and next 4 ingredients. Add bananas. Simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour sauce over fillets, and sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes