Native Snapper with Banana-Citrus Sauce
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 yellowtail snapper fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine or sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 medium bananas, cubed
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add macadamia nuts, and cook until slightly browned and nuts become fragrant. Remove from pan and let cool; chop coarsely, and set aside.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. Dredge snapper fillets in flour mixture to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fillets 6 to 7 minutes per side or until golden. Remove from pan; transfer to plate, and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine or sherry; cook, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in orange rind and next 4 ingredients. Add bananas. Simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour sauce over fillets, and sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note