Nathan's Red beans and rice
Community Recipe from
- 3 quart(s) Water
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 pound(s) Red beans
- 1 cup(s) Chopped celery
- 1 cup(s) Chooped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped parsley
- 3 clove(s) Garlic
- 2 whole(s) Bay leaves
- 1/2 pound(s) Ham cubed
- 1/4 pound(s) Hot sausage
- 1/2 pound(s) Smoked sausage
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the beans. Plac wall ingredients, except salt and pepper in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered for 2 hours or more until beans are soft. Add water as necessary. To get a creamy texture, smash some of the beans on the side of the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice in a large bowl, since the mixture is a lot of liquid.
- If you use sausage, it is better to cook the sausage separately and add toward the end of cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amyblake and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes