Nasturtium Pasta Salad
Notes: To cut cucumber sticks, slice cucumber into 1/8-inch-thick rounds, stack rounds, and cut into 1/4-inch-wide pieces. Rinse and drain calendula or marigold flowers, then pull off petals.
Yield: Makes 4 entrée servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 571
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 333mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 3/4 pound dried farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh-ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup English cucumber sticks (see notes)
- 1/2 cup calendula or marigold petals (see notes)
- 3 1/2 cups nasturtium blossoms, rinsed and drained
- 3 1/2 cups tender nasturtium leaves or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and drained
- 1. Cook pasta in about 3 quarts boiling water over high heat until tender to bite, about 10 minutes. Drain, immerse in cold water, and drain when cool, about 3 minutes.
- 2. In large bowl, mix lemon juice, oil, and pepper. Add pasta, feta, and cucumber. Mix and season to taste with salt. Add calendula petals and nasturtium blossoms; mix gently.
- 3. Line a platter or plates with nasturtium leaves. Spoon salad onto leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This