- 3/4 pound dried farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh-ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup English cucumber sticks (see notes)
- 1/2 cup calendula or marigold petals (see notes)
- 3 1/2 cups nasturtium blossoms, rinsed and drained
- 3 1/2 cups tender nasturtium leaves or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and drained
- calories 571
- caloriesfromfat 41 %
- protein 16 g
- fat 26 g
- satfat 7.1 g
- carbohydrate 70 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 333 mg
- cholesterol 25 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in about 3 quarts boiling water over high heat until tender to bite, about 10 minutes. Drain, immerse in cold water, and drain when cool, about 3 minutes.
In large bowl, mix lemon juice, oil, and pepper. Add pasta, feta, and cucumber. Mix and season to taste with salt. Add calendula petals and nasturtium blossoms; mix gently.
Line a platter or plates with nasturtium leaves. Spoon salad onto leaves.