- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup minced turkey ham
- 2 3/4 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 2 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- calories 355
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 9.6 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 30.4 g
- carbohydrate 37.4 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 193 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 743 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Peel and devein shrimp. Set aside.
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, green pepper, and ham; saute 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chicken broth and tomato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in grits; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with lime juice; remove from heat.
To serve, spoon grits mixture onto individual serving plates; arrange shrimp over grits mixture. Serve immediately.