napa cabbage salad with buttermilk dressing (smittenkitchen.com)
http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/07/napa-cabbage-salad-with-buttermilk-dressing/. The dressing is a simple blend of buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, a touch of mayo, shallots, sugar, salt and pepper but the flavor is anything but. This is my new go-to creamy dressing. I am sure it would equally delicious with some crumbled blue cheese mixed in, if you’re into that kind of thing. The dressing would be really great on an iceberg wedge or romaine hearts salad, or any kind of everything-but-the-kitch
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk well-shaken
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) chives finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) Napa cabbage (4 cups) cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 radishes diced
- 2 celery ribs thinly sliced diagonally
- Adapted from Gourmet, November 2007
- Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, shallot, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl until sugar has dissolved, then whisk in chives.
- Toss cabbage, radishes, and celery with dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
napa cabbage salad with buttermilk dressing (smittenkitchen.com) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads