- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay
- 2 (3/4-pound) fresh or frozen, thawed lobster tails
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
How to Make It
Melt butter in a 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut top and bottom lobster shells lengthwise down the middle. Carefully separate shell halves, and gently pull lobster meat in 1 piece from shells. Cut shell halves in half crosswise, and add to broth. Cut meat in half lengthwise, then slice it crosswise into bite-size pieces. Refrigerate meat.
When shell mixture has simmered 20 minutes, add corn, potatoes, salt, and cayenne pepper. Return mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 12 minutes. Remove shells, and discard.
Add lobster meat, chives, and tarragon to broth mixture; simmer 6 minutes. Stir in cream, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.