NO BAKE! Very rich and filling dessert. This is originally prepared in 9x13 pan, but I found this very difficult to cut cleanly. Presentation is great!
Adapted from Fresh Magazine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 stick(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup(s) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup(s) wheat germ
- 4 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 3.4 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 6 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) evaporated milk
- 1. Line each mini muffin tin with paper liners. Spray with cooking spray.
- 2. BOTTOM LAYER: Cream 1 stick butter, sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer on medium-high. Add graham crackers and wheat germ and mix well. Add melted chocolate and mix well to distribute. Press 1-2 T of mixture in each muffin cup. Put in freezer while you prepare the middle layer.
- 3. MIDDLE LAYER: In large bowl, cream together 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, and instant pudding on medium-high until blended to smooth consistency. Mixing on high speed, add whole milk gradually and continue mixing until smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Remove muffin tin from freezer, and spread 3 T of middle layer over crumb layer. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- 5. When filling is set, prepare topping. In microwave safe bowl, mix 6 oz chocolate and evaporated milk. Microwave for 20-30 seconds, stir and contune if needed. Spread to the edges of the muffin paper. Chill until set.
- 6. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ROBN4409 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Nanaimo Treats Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts