Naked Shrimp and Chive Dumplings
These simple dumplings are just the filling, no wrapper. Serve with soy sauce, ponzu (Japanese citrus sauce), or other dipping sauce. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 24 dumplings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 20
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 28mg
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- 1/2 pound peeled deveined shrimp, divided
- 1 bunch chives, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- In a food processor, whirl 1/4 lb. shrimp until not quite a smooth paste. Add remaining 1/4 lb. shrimp and pulse to chop coarsely. Pulse in chives. Divide mixture into 24 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place in parchment-lined steamers (see â€œHow to Steam Dim Sum,â€� below). Steam dumplings until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- How to Steam Dim Sum: Measure your steamer basket and choose a pot with a diameter at least 2 in. wider. To keep dumplings from sticking, cut a circle of parchment paper 1 in. smaller in diameter than the basket (so steam can flow up around the edges) and fit it in. Pour enough water into pot to come 1 in. up side and bring to a boil over high heat. Fill basket with dim sum first, then set it in the pot. Cover and cook, adding hot water as needed.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per dumpling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note