I'd eliminate the nacho's and used side of sweet potatoe instead to make more healthy.
Nacho Grande Casserole
Turn this chunky casserole into a hearty appetizer by providing tortilla chips for dipping.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (16-oz.) cans spicy chili beans
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4-oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed and divided
- Garnish: chopped tomatoes and green onions
- Cook ground beef and onion in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add beans, corn, tomato sauce and seasoning mix; stir until blended. Simmer over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Pour half of beef mixture into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan. Top with 1 1/2 cups each of cheese and crushed chips; top with remaining beef mixture and remaining 1 1/2 cups each of cheese and chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and green onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles