Healthy soup, simple, I used hot salsa for an extra kick. For me, besides adding maybe a fresh chopped chive from the garden, this soup requires no additional seasoning.
Nacho Chicken Soup
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups soup and about 3 tablespoons cheese)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 362
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 797mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added pinto beans, undrained
- 4 cups frozen cooked diced chicken breast, thawed
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (11-ounce) jar salsa (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Low-fat tortilla chips (optional)
- Place pinto beans in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Spoon bean puree into a large Dutch oven. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top each with about 3 tablespoons cheese. Serve with low-fat tortilla chips, if desired (chips not included in analysis).
- Tip: If you need to reduce the amount of sodium in this recipe, use 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added tomatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note