- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added pinto beans, undrained
- 4 cups frozen cooked diced chicken breast, thawed
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (11-ounce) jar salsa (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Low-fat tortilla chips (optional)
- calories 362
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 42 g
- carbohydrate 26.9 g
- fiber 7.8 g
- cholesterol 91 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 797 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place pinto beans in a food processor; process until smooth.
Spoon bean puree into a large Dutch oven. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Ladle soup into bowls; top each with about 3 tablespoons cheese. Serve with low-fat tortilla chips, if desired (chips not included in analysis).
Tip: If you need to reduce the amount of sodium in this recipe, use 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added tomatoes.