I made this recipe for a brunch. I only replaced the Italian sausage for a vegan sausage to make it vegan. It was delicious!
Naan Pizzas with Broccoli Pesto and Arugula Salad
Photo: Jeffery Cross; Styling: Randy Mon
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 942
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Sodium: 1776mg
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups coarsely chopped curly parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- SALAD and pizzas
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 naan breads (3 oz. each)
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausages, casings removed
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, quartered
- 3/4 cup manchego cheese shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Start pesto: Toast nuts on a baking sheet in oven 4 to 5 minutes. Steam or simmer broccoli until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water, and pat dry.
- 2. Pulse nuts, broccoli, parsley, garlic, and oil in a food processor until almost smooth. Add parmesan and salt; pulse to blend. Set aside.
- 3. Start salad: Combine onion, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- 4. Make pizza: Put naan on baking sheet; bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Brown sausage in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, breaking into chunks, 8 to 10 minutes. Spread naan with pesto, then arrange sausage, peppers, olives, and a layer of manchego on top.
- 5. Bake until cheese softens, 8 minutes. Add arugula and oil to vinegar mixture. Toss to coat; arrange over pizzas.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes