Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 pinch(s) salt to taste
- 1 whole(s) eggs
- 6 tablespoon(s) plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 1 cup(s) milk about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds optional
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.
- Stir in egg, yogurt and 2 Tablespoons butter. Gradually mix in enough milk to make a soft dough. Cover bowel with a damp cloth and put in a warm place 2 hours. Preheat oven to 400. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 2 - 3 minutes until smooth, then divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball, then roll out to make ovals about 4-6 inches long, pulling ends to stretch dough into shape. Brush ovals with water and place wet side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush dry side with melted butter. (optional sprinkle with poppy seeds) . Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MyChefStation and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note