Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 pinch(s) salt to taste
- 1 whole(s) eggs
- 6 tablespoon(s) plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 1 cup(s) milk about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds optional
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.
- Stir in egg, yogurt and 2 Tablespoons butter. Gradually mix in enough milk to make a soft dough. Cover bowel with a damp cloth and put in a warm place 2 hours. Preheat oven to 400. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 2 - 3 minutes until smooth, then divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball, then roll out to make ovals about 4-6 inches long, pulling ends to stretch dough into shape. Brush ovals with water and place wet side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush dry side with melted butter. (optional sprinkle with poppy seeds) . Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MyChefStation and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes