N’awlins Barbecue Shrimp
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 32 large shrimp (about 1 1/2 lbs.), peeled, tail on
- 6 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic, minc
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1. Heat olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the remaining marinade ingredients. Stir and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 2. Place the shrimp in a large container with a tight fitting lid, pour in the marinade and shake. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the container and discard the marinade. Skewer the shrimp putting about 8 shrimp on each skewer. Grill over direct high heat until the shrimp are just opaque in the center and firm to the touch, 2 to 4 minutes, turning once halfway through the grilling time. Remove from the grill and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note