Loved the unusual sauce with the bits of fennel. My husband asked for seconds. Glad to have a basic dough I can throw in my bread machine and have in 50 minutes. Next time I will make the sauce during the first dough rise to save time. Pizza at only 220 calories per slice! Oh goodie!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 221
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 30.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 338mg
- Calcium: 199mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package quick-rise yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add 1 1/4 cups flour, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; turn to coat top. Cover; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Punch dough down; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a baking sheet or 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough to form a rim. Let dough stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Place a small saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, oregano, cilantro, fennel seeds, pepper, and tomato sauce; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally. Spread sauce over pizza crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Remove pizza to cutting board; cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes