MY QUESADILLA CASSEROLE
"Colorful, spicy, easy weeknight supper...serve a green salad with it!"
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 whole(s) large onion finely chopped
- 2 can(s) tomatoes 15 oz, petite diced
- 2 can(s) green chilies 4 oz
- 1 can(s) black beans 15 oz
- 1 can(s) whole kernel corn 15 oz
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic fresh minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 whole(s) flour tortillas
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup(s) monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream (optional)
- 1.Brown beef and onion in large skillet. Salt and pepper to taste. Drain any grease. Add both cans of tomatoes ,beans,corn and green chiles; mix well.
- 2.Stir in all the spices ex. red pepper. Bring to boil
- 3.Reduce heat to low; Simmer 5 min. Add red chili flakes if desired.
- 4. Mix the cheeses together
- 5.Spread 1/2 cup of beef mixture on bottom of 9x13x2 casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6. Top with 3 of the tortillas,overlapping as needed. Layer with 1/2 of the remaining beef mixture and 1/2 the cheese.
- 7. Repeat with remaining tortillas,beef mixture and cheese.
- 8.Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30 min.
- 9.Let stand 5-10 min before serving. Cut into as large a portion as you want. May be topped with sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!!
- NOTE: I want to try and substitute corn tortillas next time...just for something different. Also, you can use any cheese you want.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by grandmapam54 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note