MY QUESADILLA CASSEROLE
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 whole(s) large onion finely chopped
- 2 can(s) tomatoes 15 oz, petite diced
- 2 can(s) green chilies 4 oz
- 1 can(s) black beans 15 oz
- 1 can(s) whole kernel corn 15 oz
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic fresh minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 whole(s) flour tortillas
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup(s) monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream (optional)
- 1.Brown beef and onion in large skillet. Salt and pepper to taste. Drain any grease. Add both cans of tomatoes ,beans,corn and green chiles; mix well.
- 2.Stir in all the spices ex. red pepper. Bring to boil
- 3.Reduce heat to low; Simmer 5 min. Add red chili flakes if desired.
- 4. Mix the cheeses together
- 5.Spread 1/2 cup of beef mixture on bottom of 9x13x2 casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6. Top with 3 of the tortillas,overlapping as needed. Layer with 1/2 of the remaining beef mixture and 1/2 the cheese.
- 7. Repeat with remaining tortillas,beef mixture and cheese.
- 8.Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30 min.
- 9.Let stand 5-10 min before serving. Cut into as large a portion as you want. May be topped with sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!!
- NOTE: I want to try and substitute corn tortillas next time...just for something different. Also, you can use any cheese you want.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by grandmapam54 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes