This recipe is awesome! I'm pretty much a purist when it comes to meatloaf. This recipe nailed it and improved it. The only thing I did differently was add 1/3 cup of diced green pepper. I was afraid that the sauce was going to be too "BBQy" but it wasn't. Just the perfect amount of sweet and sour. This will be a go-to meatloaf recipe at our house!
My Favorite Classic Meatloaf
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) onion diced
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together in a bowl to create loaf. (Don't work the meat too much, just until all ingredients are combined). Form into loaf and place in Pyrex dish just slightly larger than loaf size.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan using a whisk, place on medium heat. Allow sauce to slowly "bubble" for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce over entire meatloaf to coat and drip down the sides, covering loaf with sauce. Bake for 1 hour on 350 degrees. Makes 1 yummy loaf!
- Serve with your favorite mashed potatoes and greens.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LKAinCO and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note