I LOVE this meatloaf recipe!!! And it has become my dad's favorite too.
My Favorite Classic Meatloaf
The best meatloaf recipe ever! Multiplying the recipe compromises the taste, just make it multiple times for larger quantities.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) onion diced
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together in a bowl to create loaf. (Don't work the meat too much, just until all ingredients are combined). Form into loaf and place in Pyrex dish just slightly larger than loaf size.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan using a whisk, place on medium heat. Allow sauce to slowly "bubble" for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce over entire meatloaf to coat and drip down the sides, covering loaf with sauce. Bake for 1 hour on 350 degrees. Makes 1 yummy loaf!
- Serve with your favorite mashed potatoes and greens.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LKAinCO and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note