My Famous Salsa
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 whole(s) roma tomatoes
- 1 whole(s) small yellow onion diced
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno peppers seeded and stemmed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 whole(s) fresh pablano pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- In a moderately hot skillet that has been sprayed with a cooking spray brown the coarsely chopped pablano pepper and jalapeño pepper.
- Brown and stir until the skins have turned dark on many sides of peppers. Add tomatoes and brown them until the skins on the tomatoes have turned dark, remove the pan from heat.
- Put onion in hot skillet that has been removed from the heat and stir.
- In a food processor add celery salt, oregano, cilantro sugar garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour peppers, onions, and toms and add water a little at a time; process just enough to chop to a medium consistency but not to a smooth paste.
- Remove from processor and pour in hot skillet turn up heat quickly stir for 3 min. and serve hot
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
My Famous Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers