- 1 (9-ounce) can solid white tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 1 medium-size red apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 12 whole wheat bread slices
- 6 lettuce leaves
How to Make It
Stir together first 9 ingredients. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Cut and discard crusts from bread slices, if desired. Spread 6 bread slices evenly with tuna salad. Top with lettuce and remaining bread slices.