1. Decase the sausage and sauté in a large pot; use a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage as it cooks.
2. Once the sausage is nicely browned, stir in the onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin and continue cooking until the onion softens about 5 minutes.
3. Add the beer and allow it to simmer for an additional 5 minutes scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and allow it to simmer, uncovered for an additional 10 to 15 minutes on med-low, stirring occasionally.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
6. Finally stir in the beans and the corn.
7. Let this come to a simmer and it’s ready to serve!
8. (Can be prepared a day ahead.)
Go to full version of