Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 packages (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links, removed from casing*(use mild links for a less spicy chili) *Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off. (use mild links for a less spicy chili)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (use mild chili powder for less spicy chili)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) black beans
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) red kidney beans
- 1 1/2 cups corn (frozen or fresh off the cob)
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bottle (12 ounce) dark beer (OK to substitute w/light beer or 1 cup beef stock)
- salt and pepper
- 1. Decase the sausage and sauté in a large pot; use a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage as it cooks.
- 2. Once the sausage is nicely browned, stir in the onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin and continue cooking until the onion softens about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add the beer and allow it to simmer for an additional 5 minutes scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 4. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and allow it to simmer, uncovered for an additional 10 to 15 minutes on med-low, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- 6. Finally stir in the beans and the corn.
- 7. Let this come to a simmer and it’s ready to serve!
- 8. (Can be prepared a day ahead.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
MVP Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes