- 2 (3-pound) whole mutton snapper, dressed
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes: Italian parsley, oregano, lemon wedges
How to Make It
Make 2 (1/2-inch-deep) diagonal cuts on each side of fish. Arrange fish in a large shallow dish.
Combine lemon juice and remaining ingredients. Set aside half of mixture to serve as a sauce with fish.
Brush inside of each fish with 1 tablespoon of lemon mixture. Pour remaining mixture over fish. Cover and chill 30 minutes, turning fish once.
Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade; place fish in 2 lightly greased grill baskets.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 15 to 17 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork, basting often with reserved marinade. On serving platter, tuck parsley and oregano around fish and surround with lemon wedges, if desired. Serve immediately with reserved sauce.