Mustard-Tarragon Beef Tenderloin
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lindsey Lower
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Sodium: 190mg
- 1/4 cup grated yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin roast, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2. Combine the first 6 ingredients; massage mixture evenly onto roast. Place roast in a small roasting pan; bake at 475° for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- 3. Reduce oven temperature to 300° (do not remove roast from oven); bake an additional 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 120°. Remove roast from oven, and place on a cutting board or work surface. Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes; roll roast in chopped fresh tarragon.
- 4. Wrap roast in parchment paper, then in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cut into very thin slices for hors d'oeuvres.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers