- 1/4 cup grated yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin roast, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- calories 111
- fat 4.3 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- sodium 190 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 475°.
Combine the first 6 ingredients; massage mixture evenly onto roast. Place roast in a small roasting pan; bake at 475° for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 300° (do not remove roast from oven); bake an additional 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 120°. Remove roast from oven, and place on a cutting board or work surface. Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes; roll roast in chopped fresh tarragon.
Wrap roast in parchment paper, then in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cut into very thin slices for hors d'oeuvres.