- 1 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 small carrots, cut in half crosswise
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- calories 389
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 14 g
- satfat 3 g
- cholesterol 153 mg
- sodium 1079 mg
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 4 g
- sugars 4 g
- protein 49 g
How to Make It
Heat oven to 400° F.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the mustard, soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
Combine the carrots, fennel, onion, thyme, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a roasting pan.
Nestle the chicken among the vegetables.
Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
Divide the chicken and vegetables among individual plates.