Mustard Green and Fontina Filo Pie
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 219
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 394mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- 2 pounds mustard greens*, thick ribs removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- About 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 6 sheets thawed frozen filo dough, cut into 7 1/2-in. squares (to make 12)
- 1/2 pound fontina cheese (preferably Italian), shredded
- 1. Cook greens in batches in a large pot of boiling water until tender, 1 to 2 minutes, and transfer batches to a bowl of ice water.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Drain greens and squeeze as dry as possible. In a bowl, stir greens with oil, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Butter an 8-in. square baking pan and lay 1 filo square in bottom. Brush lightly with butter and top with 5 more squares, buttering each. Top with greens, then cheese. Repeat filo layering and buttering with remaining sheets, then cut through all the layers into 9 pieces. Bake until golden and crisp, about 55 minutes.
- *Or use 3 bags (10 oz. each) chopped mustard greens; they'll be slightly chewier, since the ribs are included.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This