Mustard-Glazed Planked Salmon
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Ginny Branch
More From Coastal Living
- 1 large cedar plank
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) skin-on sockeye salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 orange slices, halved
- Garnish: chopped chives
- 1. Soak wood plank in water 1 hour; drain. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- 2. Remove pin bones from salmon, if necessary. Combine mustard and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl, and brush half of mustard mixture over salmon, reserving remaining mustard mixture.
- 3. Grill plank 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Remove from grill. Place salmon, skin sides down, on heated side of plank. Top with orange slices.
- 4. Grill planked salmon, covered with grill lid, 10 to 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. (Check occasionally to make sure edges of plank don't ignite.) Garnish, if desired. Serve with reserved mustard glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note