- 10 to 12 medium carrots (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 quarter-size thin slices fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- calories 16
- caloriesfromfat 8 %
- protein 0.4 g
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 3.7 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 167 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Peel carrots and cut into 1/4-in. matchsticks.
Bring 3 cups water and all ingredients except carrots to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 minute. Add carrots and simmer until almost tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Transfer carrots and liquid to a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Chill, covered, overnight to let flavors develop. Serve cold. Keeps, chilled, up to 1 week.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4-cup serving.