I've now made this twice. Once as a test and then again for a business cocktail party. Using people's suggestions, I used fresh snap peas, 2T mustard, less oil (3/4c) and 1/2c water. The second time I made them, I poured the dressing over both sides and then placed them in a container. I found that if they sat in the dressing they got really gross/oily, so this method kept them light. I only used 1/2 the dressing. I also used the smallest snap peas in the pkg. Made about 45. People really liked them and they looked great. I used small skewers from Cost Plus that have a little handle and they looked great.
Mustard-Dill Tortellini Salad Skewers
More From Southern Living
Stand: 2 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (8-oz.) package frozen sugar snap peas
- 68 (4-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette*
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water.
- 2. Place sugar snap peas in a small bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes. Let stand, covered, 2 minutes. Rinse under cold running water.
- 3. Thread each skewer with 1 sugar snap pea, 1 tortellini, and 1 tomato half. Place skewers in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and chill 4 hours. Transfer skewers to a serving platter; discard any remaining vinaigrette.
- *1 (12-oz.) bottle light Champagne vinaigrette may be substituted. For testing purposes only, we used Girard's Light Champagne Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers