- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: lemon slices
How to Make It
Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil; add mussels. Cover and cook 5 minutes; stir gently, and cook 5 more minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat; drain and let cool. Discard any mussels that remain closed. Detach mussels from shells, reserving shells.
Combine mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Place each mussel in a shell; spoon 1 teaspoon Salsa Verde over each mussel. Place mussels on a platter, and garnish, if desired.