- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges
How to Make It
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
Add wine and crushed red pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add mussels and feta; cook, covered, over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until mussels open. Discard unopened mussels. Divide mussels evenly among shallow serving bowls; spoon the sauce and vegetables evenly over each serving. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons parsley. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Pour: Les Domaines Ott Blanc de Blancs, Clos Mireille ($37). This wine's aromatic bouquet of fruit, spices, and wildflowers easily complements this Mediterranean-influenced dish.