Delicious, We made it with fresh sweet corn.
Mussels with Corn-Tomato Salsa
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 102
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 5.8g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 131mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup each diced onion and tomato
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, plus a few for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salsa rocoto (see
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 30 clean, debearded mussels
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine corn, onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, vegetable oil, and salsa rocoto. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. In a large pot with a tight-fitting lid over high heat, bring white wine to a boil. Add mussels, then cover and cook until mussels are open, about 3 minutes. Drain. Discard any closed mussels.
- 3. Shuck mussels, leaving them on the half-shell. Top each mussel with a spoonful of corn salsa. Arrange on a serving platter or individual plates (6 or 7 mussels per person). Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro leaves.
- Peruvian Pantry: Salsa Rocoto. Aji rocoto is a chile somewhat like a red jalapeño. Salsa rocoto is a puréed sauce made with this chile and is available at many Latin markets. Asian Sriracha hot sauce makes an excellent substitute.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 6-mussel serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes